This buckwheat noodle salad is my go to meal when I want something light and tasty on a hot day. It’s really simple to make for those times when you just want lunch or dinner ready in 10 minutes! I’ve given some vegetable suggestions but you can replace them with whatever you have in the fridge or whatever you feel like at the time. Enjoy!
Difficulty level: EASY PEASY
2-3 or about 200g bundles soba
Handful of snow peas
½ pack of beansprouts
1 spring onion
2 tbsp edamame beans
1 packet mixed salad leaves
Toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dark soy sauce or tamari
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp agave syrup (or sugar or runny honey)
Pinch of salt
Knob of ginger, finely chopped or grated
1. Wash and prepare vegetables – slice carrot thinly and chop up spring onion. Bring water to boil in pan. Boil beansprouts, snow peas and edamame for 3-4 mins, drain, rinse under cold water, pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside.
2. Put a new pan of water on to boil.
3. Prepare dressing, mix ingredients well.
4. Cook soba in boiling water according to packet guidelines (normally about 5 mins). Then drain and rinse in cold water.
5. Put ALL ingredients in big bowl and mix v well with salad servers.
6. Serve and eat!