This is one of my favourites! Aubergine is such a great vegetable and the sweet miso sauce makes this really morish.
Difficulty: EASY PEASY
Sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
1 chopped up spring onion
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix together sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to the boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 5 mins. Set aside.
2. Pierce skin of aubergine and cut in half lengthways. Score flesh.
3. Preheat oven to high heat.
4. Heat plenty of oil in a frying pan on high heat. Fry the aubergine until soft and tender. (Timing will depend on your pan and the size of the aubergine. You can check if it’s soft by piercing the flesh with a fork.)
5. Spoon miso onto aubergine.
6. Grill in oven for 1 min to give it a charred finish.
7. Sprinkle sesame and serve with a pinch of chopped up spring onion. Enjoy!