Renkon is lotus root. The interesting shape of these vegetable crisps makes them look really impressive and they taste great too! You can buy renkon in Asian food stores.
1/2 a renkon (very thinly sliced)
Water with a tsp vinegar to prevent renkon from changing colour
Vegetable oil for frying
- Wash renkon and slice very thinly. You can keep skin on or peel it.
- Soak renkon slices in water and 1 tsp of vinegar for at least 10 mins.
- Rinse, drain and dry thoroughly using kitchen paper.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan.
- Throw in a piece of renkon, when it sizzles, oil is ready.
- Deep fry renkon until crispy and golden, take out using sieve spoon.
- Drain off excess oil on wire rack or kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle plenty of salt onto crisps and serve immediately.
Categories: Appetisers, Recipes
Leave a Reply